Dun & Bradstreet Open Ratings Certified Top 20% Supplier
"When the Employee Matters, Everyone Wins!"
Search our Careers
Program Controls Analyst
Open Date :
Huntsville AL US 35806
Secruity Clearance :
What level clearance is required? :
% of Travel Required :
Job Type :
Career Level :
Job Description :
Program Controls Analyst
Venturi currently seeks qualified candidates for the exciting and important position of Program Controls Analyst. The position will be responsible for supporting Program Managers on various Department of Defense contracts. This position will report to the Corporate Controller. The individual performing this positionshould fully understand and widely apply principles, concepts, practices and standards in Program Control. In addition, this individual is responsible for interacting with program managers, finance and accounting, and contracts. Core responsibilities include ensuring compliance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (GAAP) and Program Control and Company policies and procedures. This individual will also develop process improvements to enhance Program Control, improve Accounts Receivable (AR) policies and procedures, and implement and review new Program Control concepts and techniques.
Typical Responsibilities Include:
- Assisting with proposal development and administration of contracting activities using sound business judgment
- Overseeing development and maintenance of budgets and schedules to meet contract/project requirements.Monitoring and reporting performance against plans to ensure contractual and cost/schedule objectives are met in accordance with contract terms and Company business standards.
- Setting up and reviewing contract modifications in Deltek GCS
- Contributing to the development and maintenance of Work Breakdown Structures (WBSs), Project/Job Summary Reports (JSRs), budgets, and estimates at completion (EACs)
- Reviewing cost/schedule baselines, and monitoring and/or reviewing work completion
- Generating and delivering invoices
- Managing collection activities such as sending follow-up inquiries and tracking cash receipts
- Ensuring accurate accounts receivable records and verifying outstanding account balances
- Preparing written and verbal reports and presentations to management and customers which demonstrate cost and schedule status
- Preparing Monthly Cost Reports (MCRs) which provide a comprehensive review and analysis of cost, schedule, and technical performance of each contract task
Job Requirements :
Required Education & Experience:
- Candidates must possess a strong background working with multiple contract types: Firm Fixed Price (FFP), Time & Material (T&M), Cost Plus Fixed Fee (CPFF), and hybrid contracts.
- This position requires a strong working knowledge of Government Contracting, the Project/Program Control field, the ability to complete complex assignments on time in a fast paced environment, and the ability and willingness to learn new processes and tools.
- Requires program control experience working with schedules, WBSs, cost accounting, financial management systems, work authorizations, process management systems, and reporting.
- Must have strong analytic skills, possess excellent communication and presentation skills, and have the ability to work independently and as team member
- Position requires the ability to obtain a Secret security clearance.
- Bachelor's Degree in Business Administration or a related discipline.5-7 years of Program Control or related experience is required.
The candidate should be extremely proficient with MS Office products (i.e. Excel, Word, PowerPoint, etc.). Experience with Deltek GCS and Deltek Costpoint is preferred. Candidate should also have experience with program scheduling.
- Experience in U.S. Government Federal contracting and understanding of FAR, CAS, GAAP and other contracting and finance/accounting standards.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V