"When the Employee Matters, Everyone Wins!"
Open Date : 04/15/17
Location : Huntsville AL US 35806
Secruity Clearance : Required
What level clearance is required? : Secret
% of Travel Required : 10-20%
Job Type : Full Time
Career Level : Experienced (Non-Manager)
Education : Bachelor's Degree
Job Description :
Venturi, Inc. seeks qualified Senior Engineers to provide SETA support to MDA’s Ground-Based Midcourse (GM) Defense Systems Engineering and Integration Directorate. We encourage candidates with experience in one or more of the areas listed below to apply for this excellent career opportunity:
• Requirements Development: Analyzing requirements allocations from the system specification for traceability to Element and Component level requirements; using DOORS database for requirements and their allocation, traceability, and status for traceability to Specifications; and generating and tracking requirements flow down, assessments, traceability, and verification.
• Test Planning: Understanding of BMDS mission planning processes (Flight and Ground Tests); experience with designing and developing test cases to meet test objectives; and experience with post-test analysis and evaluation of test plans and reports.
• Risk Assessment: Developing, implementing, and monitoring Risk Management (RM) processes and procedures; analyzing performance; and, assessing RM issues. Assisting with risk handling plans and making recommendations (e.g., mitigation). Performing GM Element and Component risk identification and developing compatible processes, procedures, and associated documentation. Maintaining a risk database.
• Threat Assessment (requires TS clearance): Assessing the GM weapon system’s capability against current and emerging threats. Conducting emerging threat analysis related to GM weapon system.
• Reliability Analysis: Conducting Reliability analysis; developing and maintaining Reliability models; and understanding of methodologies related to Reliability models and analysis.
• BMDS Sensor Technology: Integrating Infrared and RF sensor technologies into the GM weapon system. Identifying and documenting any design related issues and working to resolve design issues.
Capable of providing and executing extensive engineering/scientific support on systems, system elements, interfacing systems, components, devices and/or processes for complex developmental and operational weapon system programs. Possess in-depth technical and theoretical knowledge. Capable of working independently, as a team member, or leading teams/tasks to solve engineering/scientific problems. Capable of leading the implementation of the engineering "V" across the program acquisition life cycle. Capable of working independently or leading teams to solve engineering problems.
Job Requirements :
Experience: 10+ years relevant experience.
Highly skilled with Microsoft Office applications (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
Capable of developing and presenting briefings to senior leadership.
Experience with MDA and/or BMDS is preferred.
To submit your resume for this job, select how you heard about the job and then click the "Submit Your Resume" button below.
(NOTE: You need to have an account created in order to refer someone. Clicking this button will ask you to log in. If you are a returning user, log in to refer the person. If you are a new user, please create a Resume Profile first.)
An Equal Opportunity Employer M/F/D/V
6820 Moquin Drive Huntsville, AL 35806 Phone (256) 705-2000 Fax (256) 705-2001